The Aalto Scicomp Garage is a help session for scientific computing at Aalto organized by the Science-IT team (Triton admins). It’s the best time to talk to the people behind scientific computing at Aalto. This is a place to get stuff done, so bring your laptop and coffee/food, and come hang out.
Most of the time, we are just there to answer questions.
Sometimes, there may be a short presentation on some topic, but you can still ask questions to the other staff before, during, and after that.
Come if you want to:
- Solve problems
- Discuss bigger problems
- Network with others who are doing similar work
- Learn something new
- Give feedback
- Days: Triton garage is every week from 13:00-14:00 on Thursdays.
- Time: We promise to be there only the first 30 minutes or so, if everyone leaves before then. Usually we are there the whole time.
- Location: See below. T4 and A106 (CS building), A237 (CS building).
|Date (default Th)||Time (default 13:00-14:00)||Loc||Topic|
|9.8||B337||Note different room, 3rd floor northwest corner of building|
|16.8||CS 3rd floor bridge|
|23.8||B337||Note different room, 3rd floor northwest corner of building|
|11.10||Outside T1||Stand as part of CS research day|
|29.11||A106||(yes, the Triton move was done on time)|
|6.12||A106||NO garage (holiday)|
|13.12||A106||NO garage (CodeRefinery at same time)|
|20.12||A106||probably NO garage, but check back for updates.|
Dates after 2.8 to be decided later.
Possible special topics¶
- Profiling and performance monitoring
- open source: making software and running a project, licenses
- shell scripting and automation
- unix intro
- software testing
- building good programs
- porting python2 to python3
- GPU / deep learning computing
- molecular dynamics software
Scicomp Garage has existed since Spring 2017.